[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: California standards test in physics

"Are tests really necessary???"

"Every day is a test of a man's character."

Ray Alf, track coach and bio. and maths. teacher at Webb School for Boys

Not just another coach teaching academic subjects:

http://www.alfmuseum.org/museum_history.htm

bc

p.s. If alive and teaching, he would not use the synecdoche.

Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

Despite the smiley face below, I'm sure that all agree with your
statement. The question now is... Who should write all these tests?
Outside of Civil Service tests, those given in the doctors' office,
and a very few others, once we get out of the school environmnet
it is very rare that we ever have to take a test. Are tests really
necessary??? Can schools run efficiently without all those quizzes,
weekly tests, midterm tests, final tests, other tests, and exams?

Herb Gottlieb

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:02:38 -0500 Rick Tarara <rtarara@SAINTMARYS.EDU>