[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: Are the Forces of Darkness on the March?

At 01:28 PM 11/14/2004, James Mackey, you wrote:

[]... when I put (T.I.C) that stands for tongue in cheek!. I was in no
way intending to imply that any on the list were making such a
suggestion. I think without question that there's some partisan
viewpoints in this discussion! Despite that, I think everyone would
agree with the following:
1. Any electronic device that does not leave some type of paper
trail is highly suspect, especially if we are talking about voting.
2. Having used computer and computerized equipment, I don't trust
them to work properly unless I know the human programming is acceptable.
3. There are lies, damn lies, and then there is statistics, which I
also don't trust unless I know something of the sample and the
instrument used to produce the results.
4. Election fraud has been around in this country as long as there
have been elections, and it has been perpetrated by every political
party of every persuasion.
5. There is no perfect voting solution in a republic. Every voting
system I have seen discussed has problems.
James Mackey

James last contribution was so well-balanced that I ponder
if I should be continuing. Still, the following emanates from a
UPenn prof who gained the PhD at MIT, and presumably is
capable of demonstrating balanced judgment too.
Then again - he is a statistician.

<http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/111404A.shtml>

Professor Steven Freeman, a statistician at the
University of Pennsylvania concludes that the
odds against such an accidental discrepancy in all
three states together was 250 million to one.
[exit polls vs votes]

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!