[Phys-L] Re: Pendulum problem

At 09:37 PM 12/18/2004, you wrote:
Suppose the bob of a simple pendulum (all the assumptions, small
amplitude length of bob short compared to the rod's, etc.) is a PM
(collinear w/ the rod) immersed in a uniform field. How will the
resultant torque affect the pendulum?

I have an idea *, but I'm interested in other's.

If correct, quantitative.

I guess you believe the frequency goes with
1/(2pi*sqrt(L/(g+k.H)
for L length,
g gravitational constant
k arbitrarry constant
H field strength

bc

I'll deal w/ the variations later, e.g. ferromagnetic bob, di/converging
field, etc.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!