[Phys-L] Re: global warming

The problem remains, however, that it is very difficult to lay the 1 degree
rise in 100 years directly on human activity since there are plenty of
historical and fossil records to show that the earth has undergone even
larger climate swings over the centuries. Europe has yet to fully recover
from the mini-ice-age of the 1400s (I believe that's the century).

Of course, there is the possibility that, in fact, the earth is in a
'natural' cooling period and that human activity has contributed MORE than
the 1 degree rise. ;-(

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

FREE: Windows and Mac Instructional Software