[Phys-L] Re: Triskaidekaphobia (was: Elevators)

The difference between an academic and a pseudo academic site:

http://insects.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/fauna/michigan_cicadas/Periodical/Index.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/03/0329_040329_cicadas.html

bc

Brian Whatcott wrote:

There are insects with a long dormancy period of years. Prime numbers for
their
hibernation period are said to be favored because a predator's
characteristic cycle
is not selected for primeness - hence 13 and 17 years see cycles of
infestation.

Brian W