[Phys-L] Re: elevators

At 03:56 PM 12/14/2004, you wrote:
I was recently in a hotel elevator in NYC. Are there any hotels anywhere
in the world with a numerical 13th floor? I realize this has to do with
superstition and not physics, but I'm still curious.

Yes there are Hotels with a thirteenth. But the odds are you will miss it.
Less than 20% of tall buildings boast a thirteenth.
A couple that turn up quite often:
The Belvedere at Baltimore;
the Biltmore at Coral Gables; the latter notable for the Everglades Suite,
which goes by the popular label, Al Capone's Suite.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!