[Phys-L] Re: Buoyancy question

Hmmm...Gary's lock setting seemed like a valiant attempt at a physical
realization of a closed container.

But last week, when I walked up a flight of locks near Kenilworth, it was
visibly evident that the upper water level at a lock was being maintained
by a weir,and the lock gates set to trammel the flow were leaky devices,
as shown by the following picture:

<http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/betwys1@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=/4ee6&.dnm=1c47.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=phRIQMCBh9i7Nllq>View
PC020103.jpg

Brian W