[Phys-L] Re: suudent problems wireless in class(TabletPC use)

I have. I love them. My TabletPC is a portable presentation just waiting to
happen. Hook it up thru an LCD projector and go nuts. Sorta like an overhead
projector on steroids. All my class notes and ALL problems I do for my
classes are then converted from the TabletPC 'Journal' format into PDF and
posted on my site so the kids can peruse them at their leisure. It's as
versatile as the SmartBoards and 1/100th the hassle of hooking up and
carrying class-to-class.

As far as the students, there is no finer note-taking instrument, IMHO. I
have a few for the kids to use. Some use them for fieldtrips, college
visitations, and such. It's basically an unlimited editable notebook for the
student. It's also a fully functional laptop for all the typical
applications.

I'm thinking these things will replace laptops as the electronic toy for
students when the price comes down. I'd strongly suggest looking into
getting some. I use the HP version. Haven't had a problem in the 2 years
I've had it.

Daryl L. Taylor, Fizzix Guy
Greenwich HS, CT
PAEMST '96
International Internet Educator of the Year '03
NASA SEU Educator Ambassador
www.DarylScience.com

This email prepared and transmitted using 100% recycled electrons!