[Phys-L] Re: metaphysics

(a) Physics leans heavily on mathematics.
(b) The concept of the "cause and effect" is essential in mathematics
(I am thinking about derivations).

(c) Therefore it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to stop
using the word "because" in physics.

This word (and our believe in the reality of the "cause and effect"
relations) is so deeply rooted in our brains that trying to eliminate
it is likely to do more harm than good. I agree with those who made
this observation yesterday. Asking "why is this?" and "why is that?"
should be encouraged at all stages of learning.
Ludwik Kowalski,
(who is now a retired teacher)