[Phys-L] Re: accelerating charge

John Denker wrote:

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

As Feynman points out, it would seem to be inconsistent with the
strong equivalence principle and the first law of thermodynamics.
Do we want to admit a universe in which a static, charged spherical
body emits steady EM radiation?

I can't follow that argument. There are too many steps missing. If
we are supposed to get the details from Feynman, please provide a
specific citation.

I was referring to the discussion at the link I provided earlier:

<http://www.mathpages.com/home/kmath528/kmath528.htm>

I won't claim to have thought enough about all of this, but I did
find the arguments there somewhat compelling.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona