[Phys-L] Re: high school teaching

There you go, Vickie. Have you applied to sectarian schools?
Regards,
Jack

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Marc Kossover wrote:

For what its worth, I can't coach any sports, and I
have never had any difficulty in finding a job
teaching high school.

Administrators want to know what you are going to do
outside the classroom, and I tell them that I will
chaporone dances, help build sets for theater, do dog
and pony shows for prospective parents, and so on.

I have coached quiz bowl and robotics teams with much
pleasure, but no school I worked for considered these
on par with being a sports coach.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover
The Jewish Community High School of the Bay