Re: metric graph paper source

--- Aaron Titus <titus@MAILAPS.ORG> wrote:

You can print your own using a program at

http://perso.easynet.fr/~philimar/graphpapeng.htm

I've tried it and it works quite well.

You might also try
<http://www.incompetech.com/beta/plainGraphPaper/> The
service is free (although he asks a donation) and
although it can take fiddling, it does output working
.pdf files that will cover virtually any graphing
need.

I print my own graph paper and then photocopy it at my
school. I don't need my gridding to be precisely a
certain size. As long as the relative sizing is okay,
then it works fine for me, but others need the
absolute spacing to be very precise and that is
harder.

I will add a couple of caveats. First, most printers
do not print at exactly the size indicated on the
computer. The difference is small but it can add up. I
was trying to make some rulers to be printed on
stickers, but it was very hard to get it to print so
that they would match up with a meter stick over 30
cm. Eventually I was able to do it by slightly
contracting the size of the picture.

When I brought the page to the copier, the copier
printed it about 2.0 percent smaller. Sigh. Luckily
the copier has a zoom mode, and I was able to fiddle
with it to get back to the right size.

I only just now noticed that the two effects almost
exactly cancel each other out. Hmmm...

The other problem is that the graph paper will be
printed in black. Pencil on dense black graph paper is
hard to read. It would be better to print it in a
color, but that really ups the price per copy.

Doing a WWW search in the San Francisco Bay Area, I
was able to find a few printers willing to print one
color flyers on plain paper for $50 per 1000 copies,
with continuing discounts above that quantity.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover
The Jewish Community High School of the Bay