----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Green" <JMGreen@SISNA.COM>

Properties
Many of our topics in physics have "properties" associated with them.
Some
of which we have a tendency to reify. Consider an arbitrary system --
maybe one of Dick's blocks: It has a temperature, shape, color, density,
etc., etc. We would never say that temperature flows or that blue
flows --
we might notice that blue ink smears, but it is the ink that moves not
blue
per se. We have also invented other properties of a system: e.g., mass,
momentum, work, energy, entropy, etc., etc. (And while we are at it note
that we have also invented the idea of photons, which are not real. But
because my synapses are still warped, electrons may be.) Some properties
have special characteristics: e.g., energy seems to be conserved. But
NONE of these properties should be reified; None of them moves,
transports, converts, etc., etc.

Jim