Re: height distribution for physicists - revisited

I'm puzzled: [So what else is new?]

A question is posed, "What could be the reason for the survival ...",
and then answered, "... strong association with maternal reproductive
success for female carriers ..."

bc, who still wants to know if the data is statistically significant @
0.xx level.

Brian Whatcott wrote:

I was interested to find that the male "gay" gene is heritable.
What could be the reason for the survival of such an adverse
gene? (in terms of reproductive success)

It turns out that there is quite a strong association with maternal
reproductive success for female carriers of the "gay" genetic
component.
Figures of 2.7 children vs 2.3 children on average have been noted
for such women.

Brian W