Re: Mass

The mass of an object is the sum of the masses of its atoms (ignoring
small binding energy corrections. The mass of an atom is its attribute
responsible to its inertial behavior.

That how I would answer your question, Jim, without looking around. Is
this not enough? You will next ask me what the "inertial behavior" is;
right? Then you will ask what is the force and what is the
acceleration. Right? And where will this end?
Ludwik Kowalski