From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of David Abineri
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 2:48 PM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: [PHYS-L] Satelite Motion

Can someone give me a way to think about this question?

If the earth's gravity doubled, how would the moon's orbit be affected?

I am getting tangled up in having too many variables and it is not at
all obvious what might happen. Would the results be different if it
happens instantaneously rather than incrementally?

Is there a way to look at this that might make it clear for students?

Thanks for any advice.

David Abineri
--
dabineri@fuse.net