MA vs MS

At 12:28 PM -0500 10/13/04, Matt Harding wrote:
The University of Iowa has an MAT program for students with a
non-teaching BS. I think the program takes about a year and a half to
complete. The student would graduate with a MA not a MS, but if the
goal is to teach at a high school or small college, it shouldn't really
make a difference.

Clear up something for me. Is an MS viewed more positively than an MA? At
my college the arts degree (two-year college, so it is an AA) has exactly
the same requirements as the science degree (AS) _plus_ the foreign
language. The AA is "harder" than the AS.

Larry