Re: PER for physics departments - Misspelling

In my recent post "Re: PER for physics departments - Corrected Heller
Reference" [Hake (2004a)], I wrote:

"Thanks to APS Webmaster Joanne Fincham, the linkrot has now been irradicated."

Several list members kindly informed me of my misspelling of
"eradicated" (uprooted) as "irradicated" (rooted deeply).

Sorry, but it's not MY fault. My spell chequer failed again [Hake
(2004b)] to do its duty!

For a grate pome on speel chequers see the APPENDIX.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>

". . . it is time to speak some truth to power in this country:
MICROSOFT WORD IS A TERRIBLE PROGRAM. Its terribleness is of a piece
with the terribleness of Windows generally, a system so overloaded
with icons, menus, buttons, and incomprehensible Help windows that
performing almost any function means entering a treacherous
wilderness of pop-ups posing alternatives of terrifying starkness:
Accept/Decline/Cancel; Logoff/Shut Down/Restart; and the mysterious
Do Not Show This Warning Again. You often feel that you're not ready
to make a decision so unalterable; but when you try to make the
window go away your machine emits an angry beep. You double click.
You triple click. Beep beep beep beep beep. You are being held for a
fool by a chip."
Louis Menand. 2003. "The End Matter: The nightmare of citation," New
Yorker 6 October, pp. 120-126.