Re: latent heat of evaporation

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
As far as i know no bubbles are formed when evaporation takes place
without boiling, for example at 90 C. Molecules
escape from a flat surface overcoming surface tension forces. That is
when, I suppose, the value of 540 cal/g is valid. This topic is new to
me. I do not know what to expect when bubbles are formed. Should L
become larger or should it become smaller than 540? Perhaps someone
will supply the answer based on thermodynamics. Or on laboratory data.

How about an answer based on conservation of energy?

Suppose you evaporate 50g of water from a vessel at 100C,
and recondense it in another vessel at 98C.

What happens to the energy?
What does this tell you about the latent heat?