Re: Starting out with waves (originally Intro Physics Text/Course)

This fits my experience at two colleges (one in Lisle, IL) that
even after 3 semesters of calculus and a couple of calculus-based physics,
the average student has a lot of trouble with algebra. (I'm forwarding
this exchange to the president of the NCTM). It is almost impossible to
get mathematics teachers to read Arons.
Regards,
Jack