Re: Volt/volts

Hugh's reply to Jim Green's question is "excellent"
in my opinion. Let's all profit from his example
of replying with good technical, as well as
political, responses to such questions.

Herb

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:33:24 -0400 Hugh Haskell <hhaskell@MINDSPRING.COM>
writes:
At 10:07 PM -0600 9/9/04, Jim Green wrote:

Is it correctly 0 volt or 0 volts? Reference?

Since the number 0 doesn't need units for anything, why try to use them?
Why not just say "the potential is 0"? On the other hand, if you like to
use units with zero, I personally think that the plural sounds better
with 0 than the singular. But this is English, not physics.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
A friendly place to live and visit