Re: angular momentum transfer?

I agree with Brian's comments but don't think that the transfer of energy via coupled oscillators can cause counter rotation (reverse the angular momemtum). - Bill Powell

Brian Whatcott <betwys1@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote:Coupled oscillators exchange energy, but for a balanced spinning wheel
there is no mechanism to counter rotate the other wheel , I don't think.
However, a wheel with an offcenter weight, so that the wheel will
swing like a pendulum, should couple the swing to the other wheel
via spindle nutations, I would think.

Brian W