Re: Basic Choices and Constraints on Long-Term Energy Supplies

Unfortunately the biggest challenge facing the solution to these problems
is that the politicians and especially the media don't think that these are
that serious of a problem.

Until there are gas lines again across the nation like the 70's these
problems will not be seriously addressed. Remember the 70's when some
physics departments taught classes on the energy problem?

Sorry, if this sounds too political.

"Shapiro, Mark" wrote:

Well to begin with I would promote educational programs that provide
accurate information about the effects of overpopulation; and, I also
would promote programs that provide accurate information about family
planning as well as economical access to effective and safe
contraception.

Certainly, in parts of the world there are cultural and religious
barriers to effective family planning. But, the stakes are high, and I
think that if the information is out there, people will realize that
they have choices.

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro
Professor of Physics, Emeritus
California State University, Fullerton