From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu]On
Behalf Of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 10:56 PM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Re: New Editions and Selling Textbooks

Tim is an employee of a state institution? I'd think if you're a k=14
instructor the gifts law wouldn't apply. If a state U. run by a board
of independent regents as is Calif., also not a state employee. Tim,
details please.

bc

p.s. What's the certain value?

Folkerts, Timothy J wrote:

I was told that, as a state employee, the texts are "gifts" that fall under state laws. Just like politicians aren't allowed to accept personal gifts over a certain value, neither are we. Consequently, the texts officially become "state property" and can not be sold for private gain.

Tim F