Re: Teaching science on the edge of knowledge

We've been assured by our administration that it is perfectly legal, at
least in the case of unsolicited books (which are 90% of what I get anyway).
--
Dr. James McLean phone: (585) 245-5897
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy FAX: (585) 245-5288
Herb Gottlieb wrote:

-- "Pamela L. Gay" <pgay@FAS.HARVARD.EDU> wrote:
Hugh Haskell wrote:

(Giving the excess books to the louts who
come around asking for your books, I'm told, is illegal since they are
selling your desk copy to students.)

It may not be ethical, but is it really illeagal??
If so, please cite the state or federal law that applies.

Thanks.

Herb