Re: Teaching science on the edge of knowledge

Hugh Haskell wrote:

(my shelves are cluttered with earlier editions of textbooks that I
cannot even give away), and (b) keep up with the competition.

I've seen people giving teacher workshops ask for extra books to give
teachers. If there are any inservice teacher training places in your
area, they may be willing to lighten your shelves in a way that text
book publishers don't dislike. (Giving the excess books to the louts who
come around asking for your books, I'm told, is illegal since they are
selling your desk copy to students.)

Cheers,
Pamela

Pamela L. Gay, Ph.D.