Re: Cold fusion = Pathological science ???

At 08:04 PM 7/18/2004, you wrote:
On Saturday, Jul 17, 2004, at 23:45 America/New_York, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

> Josephson apparently says there is something to telepathy as well.
>
> "Nobel laureate, Cambridge physicist Brian Josephson 'Yes, I
> think telepathy exists,' he told The Observer, 'and I think
> quantum physics will help us understand its basic properties.' "

Josephson's speculative 1991 paper on thelepathy can be read at his
website:

http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/stamps/today.html

Should it disqualify him? I know very little about topics discussed by
in that paper.
Ludwik Kowalski

The little I have read on psychological experiments in the precognition
& telepathy area are disappointing.
One can certainly predict with confidence a test subject's subjective
decision to make a psychomotor motion. But only about one second in
advance, when the pre-conscious precursorial brain activity is indicating,
but before the subject 'knows' he has made a conscious decision.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!