Re: black hole information (non)paradox

On Jul 17, 2004, at 11:54 AM, Chuck Britton wrote:
And a few (?) years back, didn't Hawking concede a bet that Black
Holes would never be observed?
I seem to remember a subscription to Playboy being at stake!

Actually a great Black Hole website was just recommended to me:

Galactic Center Research at the Max Plank Society
<http://www.mpe-garching.mpg.de/www_ir/GC/gc.html>
This site shows time-lapse images (actual data, not simulation)
of stars at the center of our galaxy orbiting around what is almost
certainly a black hole. Flares associated with black holes are
also reported. This website was recommended by Bob Romer.

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor, Physics, SUNY Buffalo State College
222 SCIE BSC 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>