Re: Cosmology

Regarding Jack U.'s comment of 19 JUN 04:

Although I don't recognize the verb here, Einstein's constant was to
render <static> the Schwarzschild solution to his equation. ...

I suspect that JU merely misspoke (er, miswrote) himself here, but
the cosmological constant does *not* appear in the Schwarzschild
solution which already *is* a static solution (external to the event
horizon) of Einstein's vacuum equations (except at point-mass
singularity). I suspect that maybe JU meant to write the 'Friedmann'
solution to Einstein's equation describing a matter-homogenized
universe of constant spatial curvature.

David Bowman