Re: What is this piece of equipment?

For those of you who were still wondering what this was...

This device is used in principles of technology class (we taught here
more than a decade ago). A bottle jack was placed under the middle
piece. The jack is connected to an air source with a gauge. As the
pressure is increased in the jack, the middle piece is compresses the
springs upwards. This whole process is used to measure the work of the
jack.
-Tony

Tony Wayne
twayne@albemarle.org