Re: What is this piece of equipment?

If it is a demonstration, it demonstrates 4 springs in parallel. This
is a fairly common HW problem.

One could pose a question about the effect of placing a weight on
either of the two shelves, ie, does the total force on the bottom
platform change when the weight is compressing the springs vs when
the weight is placed on the "middle" shelf below the springs?

If it is not intended as a demonstration, it may be a shock/vibration
mounting for some motor assembly used in some other project. Karl

While doing an inventory of our stockroom, I came across this piece of
equipment shown at the link below. Does anyone have an idea as to what
is is and how to use it?
http://physics.k12albemarle.org/what

-Tony
Tony Wayne
twayne@albemarle.org
http://physics.k12albemarle.org
- - -
Those who can, do.
Those who understand, teach.

--
Dr. Karl I. Trappe, outreach consultant Home (512) 264-1616
Research Scientist Associate V, Desk (512)