Re: Phys-l List Server Reshuffle

Ludwik and all:

On Monday, June 7, 2004, at 09:59 PM, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

1) Why were we not informed about the new
e-mail address (new server)? It would save
me a lot trouble; I was very confused.

I had no advanced notice myself, and the old address
works fine for me, as does the new.

2) I was successful in posting to the new
address. But I still do not know why I have
to press SEND AGAIN to succeed? The
dialog box did not appear before. When
exactly did they change the address?
Can this create a "side effect, " such as
the smtp dialog box I see after pressing
SEND?

Your SEND AGAIN is a local mailer issue. That is,
it is due to your email program and the way it is set up,
not PHYS-L. I'm guessing you are using the Apple
MAIL program on a Mac, and you have to read the error
message involved. When I get that dialog it usually is b/c
the BSC campus MS OutLook mailserver is down, so
I redirect mail to the mac.com server.

If you are continuing to have issues please contact me
directly by private email. I have a full plate of bounced
email right now, so if you can handle the situation
vous-meme (yourself) please do so and notify me by
direct email.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SCIE BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave , Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>