Re: Hovercraft construction

Not Tower of London, instead Eiffel, French panic, nicht wahr?

bc

Brian Whatcott wrote:

I feel an anecdote coming on...

I bumped into an ethics teacher newly returned from a tip
to London and Paris, on Saturday.
I asked how she came by the dark bruised rings round
each eye.
She told me that while looking round the Tower, there was a
bomb alert (one of several she experienced, sadly).
People were asked to leave the building, and she did.
But on the cobbles outside, when jostled by another escapee,
she tripped and fell on her glasses, which though unbroken,
inflicted the bruises.

Brian W