From: Forum for Physics Educators
[mailto:PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu] On Behalf Of Fran Poodry
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 10:37 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Parallel Universe

Hello,
I hope someone can help me. A student sent me this web site
<http://www.allsci.com/parallel.html>
and suggested that we do the activity in class (it is very
simple and involves poking holes in a card and shining a
laser beam at the holes, then observing the interference
pattern). However, the web site claims that the observed
pattern is evidence for parallel universes. I would like to
be able to explain convincingly to my students that it is no
such thing. Some of my students have had calculus and some
have not, and all are high school seniors with extreme
senioritis (only 2 more weeks of class for them). Any
takers? Thanks, Fran Poodry West Chester East High School
West Chester, PA