Re: Searchable science quotations

In a recent Phys-L post titled "Searchable science quotations," Carl
Gaither (2004) wrote [bracketed by lines "GGGGGGGGGGGG. . . .":

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Over the years I have compiled a series of science quotation books .
. .[see below]. . . . I wanted the list to know that I am now in the
process of formatting the quotations so that they may be searched
electronically. I now have about 8000 of the quotations on the WEB
site at <http://angelfire.com/tx/StatBook> . . . . [scroll to the
bottom of the page and click on "here" to obtain
<http://www.angelfire.com/tx/StatBook/5mathsp.html>]. . . .

I am hoping to have about 4000 more quotations available by the end
of the week. . . .

Right now there are probably some errors. If you come across any,
please let me know of them . . .[at <cgaither628@earthlink.net>]. . .
so that I can get them cleaned up. I'm sorry for the advertising
that pops up on the pages but when you use a free site you have to
take what you get. I am going to search for someplace that might wish
to host this resource and be able to provide me with some programming
assistance.
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Gaither, the Bartlett of STEMM (science, technology, engineering,
math, and medicine) is coauthor of the excellent compilation of
physics and astronomy quotations "Physically Speaking" [Gaither &
Cavazos-Gaither (1997)]. Judging from information at
<http://angelfire.com/tx/StatBook>, Gaither & Cavazos-Gaither have
also authored (and Andrew Slocombe has illustrated) the following "X
Speaking" books where X = "Statistically," "Mathematically,"
"Medically," "Chemically," "Astronomically," "Scientifically,"
"Practically" (Engineering, Technology and Architecture), and
"Naturally" (Biology, Botany, Nature, and Zoology).

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>

"It is a mathematical fact that the casting of this pebble from my
hand alters the centre of gravity of the universe."
Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881), "Sartor Resartus III"
obtained by searching for "pebble" at
<http://www.angelfire.com/tx/StatBook/5mathsp.html>.