Re: Pedagogy - Thanks to all

Thanks to all for your observation. My "rant" was merely a reflection of
the type of instruction I've received thus far. I'm done with just about
all the Physics courses I'll need for life, but when I choose another
Physics Ph.D. program, I'll probably have to take some additional grad
courses.

I did not really get the sort of mentoring many of you described, though I
did ask. The junior faculty are the most interested in help but are
overwhelmed with stadium seating classes they teach. The senior faculty are
mostly involved with research...

There are many things I find myself weak in and we'll see how that will
translate to my review for the Physics GRE.

Thanks again for your tidbits and comments, but I hope at the very least
I've caused some profs here to review their own teaching style and reflect
whether or not it is in need of adjustment. Afterall, that's what makes a
great teacher in my humble opinion :)

Fernanda