Re: Pedagogy

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:04:17 -0400 "Michael N. Monce"
<mnmon@CONNCOLL.EDU> writes:
Demanding that a student do some learning on their own, to me is
essential. While the student is obviously unhappy, I wonder how
much transferring to another school would really solve the problem.

Mike is absolutely correct in demanding that students do some learning on
their own.
Learning is a lifetime process. Learning does not stop after the
graduation ceremonies.
Isn't it good idea to include items on each test that check to see if
students have
learned properly from reading assigned passages from their textbooks and
other sources?

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
Where learning is a lifetime process.