Re: blackbody radiation

Here is my question reformed, I think, and similar in spirit to the original question that started this thread:

How many different ways are there to radiate energy?

I can think of:

* An object with temperature radiating as a blackbody

* A laser emitting by stimulated emission

* A hydrogen atom in an excited state spontaneously dropping to a lower state and emitting

* Electrons accelerating in an antenna and emitting

* And others that I am not thinking of now.

Shouldn't these all be fundamentally the same? I think my knowledge is compartmentalized and I am missing the connection.

Justin Parke
Oakland Mills High School
Columbia, MD