Re: Unorthodox science projects

In a message dated 4/23/2004 10:01:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wilson.gonzalezespad@MAIL.ATU.EDU writes:
Have you ever SEEN a science fair project from a "Christian" perspective? If
you judge it, how the student defended his/her project? Whas was his/her
rationale in making the project? Probably you do not agree with these type of
projects, but I need to know how common they are?

Any time I see terms like Science from a Christian perspective or an Islamic
perspective, etc., alarms bells go off. What could it mean to view Science
from any particular religious perspective? In essence religion is anti-science
requiring belief without objective proof. In fact it's considered sinful in most
religions to doubt, while skepticism is one of the core values of Science. In
these days of intelligent design nonsense, or creation "science" I would view
this kind of thing as totally out of place in any real science project.
Scientists hold many different religious views but the real ones don't mix their
religious beliefs with their science.

Bob Zannelli