The Essential Exponential! For the Future of Our Planet - website update

April 16, 2004

Dear Friends:
Re: The Essential Exponential!
We have been working with Al Bartlett since last summer to put
together a collection of his articles. It is now nearly done. Please
use the enclosed brochure to share the information about this new
book with your friends and colleagues.

Professor Albert A. Bartlett has been writing and lecturing on the
importance of understanding the exponential function since the
mid-1970s! He is known for his saying:
"The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function" AAB (1976)

We decided that we could help humanity overcome this shortcoming if
we collected some of the writings of Professor Bartlett and others
and made them available to people in a single book. Thanks to the
cooperation of The Center for Science, Mathematics and Computer
Education of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln this book will soon
be a reality.

This book will include more than 30 articles by Professor Bartlett
along with articles by M. King Hubbert and L. David Roper. Especially
valuable are the included tutorials on the Arithmetic of Growth and
the series of 11 articles on The Exponential Function that were
published in The Physics Teacher magazine from 1976 to 1996. The
complete table of contents is on the Center
website-www.unl.edu/scimath.

The Center is making available pre-publication bulk prices for the
book of $50 for four copies or ten copies or more $10 each, postage
and handling included, shipped to one address. The books may be
obtained using either a purchase order or a check. The books will be
available to ship by June 1, 2004.

An order form is available from the Center
website-www.unl.edu/scimath/. A single book will contain more than
300 pages and cost $25. Additional details can be obtained from, or
an order can be placed with, Ms. Brenda West, <bwest1@unl.edu>, (402)
472-9304.

We will appreciate any help you can give us to make the availability
of this book known.

Yours truly,

signed Bob Fuller

Robert G. Fuller