Re: bogus questions

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu> writes:
Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
The burden of making a question clear is on the asking person.

That's going too far.
Its Friday and I am feeling a bit playful:

This reminds me of the fable of little Sally who comes home from school
one day and asks Mom "Where did I come from?" Mom bravely set out to bring
the story of the birds and bees to the level of her dear daughter. Finally
done Mom asks if Sally understands to which Sally replies " Gee that is
strange. 'Cause Mary came from Boston!"

It is good to ask a clarifying question or two to be sure we are
answering the right question. That is made harder in this medium of email
and time delays.

Happy weekend all.

ken Fox