Re: entropy - motivation for definition

A minor protest here!
Teaching thermodynamics to engineers (vs. physicists)
solely by using statistical mechanics may be an interesting
exercise, but I'm not sure it helps them understand the
thermodynamics of ductwork. If you're teaching a service
course to engineers or chemists you have to respect the
needs of your audience.

Bob at PC