Re: Good old stuff

Are the 'tubes' in a microwave oven properly called magnetrons?
If not, what is their proper moniker?

(I have an ancient GLASS microwave oven 'tube' with a copper antenna
visible inside, at the top.)

At 8:54 AM -0500 3/22/04, Clarence Bennett wrote:
Now someone wants to take apart the last magnetron we have left,

Western Electric 5795.

I would prefer to give it to someone who would keep it together,
perhaps a Museum.
--

Clarence Bennett
Oakland University Physics

--
I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in
which they can learn.