Re: pronunciation of component

Are we so anointed that dictionaries are beneath us?

Only if we are sitting on them.

Put the accent on the first syllable if you wish to be with it.
Put the accent on the second if you wish to be traditional.
Put it on the third if you wish to appear foreign or don't care.

The accent is on the first syllable of my last name.
The other John J. has the accent on the last syllable of his name.

Hmmm.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX