would be taken care of in the limits of integration.

Bob at PC

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 2/26/2004 at 1:12 PM Rick Tarara wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Denker" <jsd@AV8N.COM>
That dr = -ds is always my stumbling block because
most texts don't
really
spell it out. HR&K just jump from E dot ds to Edr.

Probably their limits of integration are swapped
relative to yours.

No, actually my confusion was dumber than that. I looked
at the picture
showing ds pointed towards the point charge and just
mentally replaced it
with dr -- not thinking that pointed that way would make
it -dr.

;-)

Rick