Re: equipotentials

At 05:34 PM 2/20/2004, bc, you wrote:

Can contour lines on a contour map cross?

bc, who sometimes thinks Socrates

lines of equipotential can cross, but surfaces?
Trying hard to extend the landscape topology of a
pair of crossing ridges, whose tops are all at
the same elevation, to form an "X"....
So I excavate a foot of soil off the top of the cross. I do
have a ribbon of equipotential surface crossing another,
but it would not meet the austere demands of this list,
I don't think.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!