Chronology Current Month Current Thread Current Date
[Year List] [Month List (current year)] [Date Index] [Thread Index] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Prev] [Date Next]

Re: Magnesium Flouride

While MgF2 is a standard single layer anti-reflection coating, there are
many others:

Larry Woolf
General Atomics
San Diego, CA 92121

-----Original Message-----
From: John Denker
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Magnesium Flouride

I don't think it has anything to do with the film. It
has to do with the reflection off the index-mismatch.
It's called an AR (anti-reflection) coating.
MgF is convenient because it has an index that is
roughly the geometric mean of the two things (air
and glass) that you're interfacing, and it is
relatively easy to apply.