Re: Definition of Capacitance

At 12:06 AM 2/15/2004, John C., you wrote:

As far as I know there have been no experiments to test
the advantage of teaching conductance vs resistance first. ...
It is entirely possible that JD is correct in saying that
the current definitions are the most beneficial, but without
some experimental evidence all discussions are purely
based on opinion. ....I would still like to see evidence.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

As no one else seems poised to say it, I mention that
setting experimental goals with long time-bases is exceptionally
unpopular these days. Tools are available to test for outcomes
10,15, 20 years later, and they are seen in clinical use.

Could it be that physicists are not used to picking results
out from under deep noise, or over long horizons?
I sometimes suspect that it would take a life science researcher
to motivate such an experiment on physics-teaching outcomes.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!