Re: Ultrasonic imaging

My posts are occasionally claimed rejected by my host, but have been
transmitted, so this may be a dup.

bc

One can use phase scanning by delaying one pulse WRT another in an array
of transducers * (or a pair). Another method is to move the single
transducer. The mirror is used, because of the rather narrow space!

* Used in RADAR and probably SONAR,

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nmckendry/page_19.htm
<http://members.ozemail.com.au/%7Enmckendry/page_19.htm>

I think the above will answer all.

bc

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Unfortunately, the rotating mirror, presumably
sending ultrasonic beam impulses in different
directions, is not even mentioned in the textbook.
That would be an essential component needed
to understand imaging. Do all ultrasonic imaging
systems operate by using rotating beams?
Ludwik Kowalski

On Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004, at 16:52 America/New_York, Bernard Cleyet