Re: point particles

Good stuff Richard. A few follow ups. below

From: "Richard A. Lindgren

If you shoot 2
electrons at each other at relativistic energies, they
scatter from each other as if they were point objects.

What is unique about the way that point particles would scatter as opposed
to particles with size such as protons.

However, we don't even
know if the electron has a distribution or not. What you
measure is the limit of the size of the charge
distribution and that is what we refer to as the size of
the electron.

I like this idea. I am used to thinking about the size of an object being
the space where the mass is distributed I guess there is nothing more
special about mass distribution than there is about charge distribution is
there?